Sydney Ladies Artists Club

A social and support organisation for invited female artists based in Sydney.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sweet Nothings

I'm so thrilled to be on! It feels so serious and official, as compared to just commenting on blogs. I'd better watch my writing, maybe start checking facts too.
Anyway, first things first. I'm sad that other ladies haven't gotten to experience our first 2 meetings, but I guess they serve as trial runs. Dress rehearsals for the real thing. We certainly discovered that Stephanie Alexander has no idea how to make a cucumber sandwich. Seriously, it may be a great book, but everyone should know that 1. the crusts need to be removed and 2. salt and pepper are required. I'll bring along Su Cruikshan's masterpiece next time, for some searing hot Sheila action. Anyway, otherwise the spreads have been magnificent, and we can work on the iced tea (it still tasted great).
I am very excited about the events we've been talking about and I hope my absence does not halt the momentum. I just ask that we hold off with the tennis match till I get back, as I really want to play.
Also, maybe if there are people interested, I was thinking about a wrestling team for Marrickville Jelly Wrestling???

3 Comments:

Blogger jpolk said...

Hi ladies
I'm in!
And I am VERY interested in getting a jelly wrestling team together.
Plus eating and drinking in the company of other like minded ladies (or unlike minded, I don't want to discriminate).

1:36 pm  
Blogger E Pulie said...

Well I don't know if I would participate in jelly wrestling meself personally, but I'll watch.

4:45 pm  
Blogger birdmonkey said...

HI ladies

the secret to good ice tea is to use "grape sugar". It's a common shelf item in Germnay but don't know what it would be called here. Fruit sugar?

7:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home